Life Lessons Developed Through Martial Arts at Mireu Martial Arts USA
Classes at Mireu Martial Arts include discussions and role-playing exercises. We touch on life lessons and discuss alternate resolutions to some of the issues children and adults face today. These issues are discussed in a non-threatening, proactive way.
Students pay close attention as we explore topics that include:
Dealing with bullies
Mental self defense
Proper respect for adults
Respect for self and others
Saying no to drugs and peer pressure
Physical self defense if faced with a compromising situation
Acceptance of all people
Giving back to the community through volunteering
These valuable life lessons help our martial arts Mireu students understand the connection between what they learn in class and the real-world applications that make martial arts practical and insightful skills for school-age, and beyond.
For children ages 4 to 15
Each belt level must memorize below numbered Home Rules for Promotion Testing.
1. Children will respect parents and family members at all times.
2. Children will greet their parents when they enter the house and say goodbye when they leave.
3. Children will be truthful at all times.
4. Children will maintain a good relationship with their brothers and sisters.
5. Children must help will household chores.
6. Children will keep their own room neat and clean.
7. Children must keep their body, hair, and teeth clean at all times.
8. Children will not interrupt adult conversations.
9. Children will study their school work at school and at home.
10. Children must show respect for teachers and peers at all times.
11. Children should always finish what they have started.
White – Yellow: Rules 1 and 2 Orange and Orange High: Rules 3 and 4 Green and Green High: Rules 5 and 6 Blue and Blue High: Rules 7 and 8 Brown and Brown High: Rules 9 and 10 Red and Above: All Home Rules
Instruction takes place in a safe and friendly environment with a focus on discipline, respect, self-defense techniques and profound concentration. Also covered are courtesy, honesty, bravery and the merits of self-control.
These classes have great impact on athletic, academic and interpersonal skills while also offering opportunities for advancement through accomplishment, and personal growth.
Classes are offered four times a each week. For more information, please call us at the phone numbers below.